Friday, April 23, 2010

The nursery

We finally picked the colors of the nursery! I know, it isn't actually that far along and we don't know what we are having yet, but the plans have fully begun!! Ideally, I would like to have the majority of the room set up in the next few months. I don't want to be as big as a house and have to worry about finishing up the final details.


We're going with yellow and charcoal grey. I know, I know, no pink or blue. But, we're not exactly pink & blue type of people. Thanks to our good friend/interior designer Jessie, we have chosen the color folkstone for two of the walls. The other two will stay bright white, so we don't make the nursery too much like a cave (and also so we don't have to paint over the built in cabinets - nightmare) for the little bun!


The yellow will be more in the bedding and the rug, which I just so happened to spy in the latest Instyle magazing yesterday at the hair salon. Check it out!!!



We're also going to check out some Amy Butler fabric this weekend - I've seen some great patterns with yellow, gray and white so hopefully we will find what we are looking for. I think I am going to try to make most of the bedding myself.


I'm going for a mix of modern and handmade - Can't wait to get started!! We'll post pictures as we go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment